Monday, June 24, 2013

Another opportunity

So I have another interview on Wednesday. Hopefully, this will be the one.

I am so ready to get out of this place. It's driving me crazy every single day. Then I have days like today where I am completely encouraged by people's openness and willingness to try new things. Then that feeling goes away and I'm right back where I started.

Anyway, this new opportunity is one that will be in a much smaller organization, so I'm worried about salary if I do indeed get offered the job.

I step at a time. I have to get to the damn interview first.

That being said, I took my suit to have it altered yesterday. I haven't worn a suite to an interview at all in the last two years. Just a shirt and tie (maybe that's why I'm not getting these jobs...). I figured it was time to go all out. Then I put on my pants.

Now, you all don't know this, but last summer, I tipped the scales at 252 pounds. I decided that I'd gone quite high enough, and started to make a change. Then, in November, I had hernia surgery, which put me on a less-than-solids diet for a couple of weeks and the pounds started to peel off. I decided that even after I could go back on solid food, I would take it easy since my soup and plant diet seemed to be working out pretty well. I made it under 230 pounds mid-winter, and have been hanging out right around 230 ever since.

When I bought my suit 12 years ago, I was a slim 215-220, so still a little extra weight. I could actually button the pants, but was afraid for what would happen if I sat down.

I took them in to get them let out, and the guy said they needed to let out about 2 inches. Luckily, there is exactly 2 inches of material to be let out.

Here's hoping those pants fit come Wednesday morning, and here's hoping they help my interview. Keep your fingers crossed for me.


Dave said...

Good luck. And wouldn't it be nice if suits came with expand-o-pants for those of us who seem to go up and down the scale?

Jessica Giovando said...

Good Luck